Information about SELC 2018/19 kindergarten
Open evening for families of 2018/19 new kindergarten applicants on Wednesday 15th November 2017 at 18:00-19:00
• Full-time Kindergarten class places for children born 2013
• Teaching language is English
• Kindergarten curriculum in compliance with the Finnish national curriculum for early childhood education and care
• Monthly fee (subsidised by Kela) approximately 189 – 350 € per month, depending on parents’ income
• Opening hours 7 – 17 Monday to Friday
• Experienced teachers, native English speaking English teacher
• Variety of activities:
- Learning through play and exploration
- Integrated subject teaching
- Excursions to e.g. museums, theatre, library, forest
- Weekly PE classes in Nääshalli
• Emphasizing the development of social skills (courtesy & good manners, friendship, team work, building up each child’s confidence)
We have an enthusiastic team of teachers, who use their creativity in developing an inspiring learning environment for children. Our values emphasize the wellbeing and safety of each child in our care and our activities are planned based on the needs of each group of children.
The Kindergarten class will continue to our Preschool class (located in FISTA, Finnish International School of Tampere).
Contact us for more information.
Jenni Lenihan, Manager
B.Ed, Kindergarten Teacher, M.Soc.Sci
Mobile: 0400 702890
Paulina Ozyra, Assistant Manager
M.A. (English philology)