Information about SELC 2017/18 preschool
Open evening for parents of 2017/18 new preschool applicants on Wednesday 25.01. at 17:30-18:30
• Preschool places for children born 2011
• Full English programme, one day Finnish per week (in compliance with the national preschool curriculum)
• Monthly fee (subsidised by Kela) 175 – 250 € per month, depending on parents’ income
• Opening hours 7 – 17 Monday to Friday, also during the summer months and other school holiday times
• Experienced, qualified Preschool Teachers
• Our Preschool classes are located in FISTA (Finnish International School of Tampere)
• Variety of activities:
- Learning through play and exploration
- Phenomenon based learning
- Integrated subject teaching
- Excursions to e.g. museums, theatre, library, forest
- Weekly PE classes in Nääshalli
• Emphasizing the development of social skills (courtesy & good manners, friendship, team work, building up each child’s confidence
The school book Fun English 1 by Pearson is the English language textbook for the school year.
We have an enthusiastic team of teachers, who use their creativity in developing an inspiring learning environment for children.
Our values emphasize the wellbeing and safety of each child in our care and our activities are planned based on the needs of each group of children.
Sunshine has been under new management since 2014 and their approach to English teaching has been transformed. The daycare centre and preschool offer an English programme reviewed under the supervision of our native English speaking teachers. With the new approach to teaching we are providing the children a profound basis for further English learning at primary school. Most of the children in Sunshine preschool continue to the Finnish International School of Tampere (FISTA).
100% of Sunshine 2016/17 preschool applicants got accepted into FISTA.
Contact us for more information.
Jenni Lenihan, Manager
B.Ed, Kindergarten Teacher, M.Soc.Sci
Mobile: 0400 702890
Paulina Ozyra, Assistant Manager
M.A. (English philology)